Office Moving Made Easy
October 1st, 2013 8:57 pm by admin
Finding an office location or outgrowing your existing office space can be a stressful time. However, by taking the right steps and being prepared, office moving can be an easy experience. Finding the new office location is the first step in getting your business ready for the transition. The following guidelines can assist with making your next office move a success.
1. Plan! Plan! Plan! Your company can typically have the address changed through the post office to have mail forwarding available. However, you will probably want to inform all your vendors, past and current clients about your upcoming office relocation.
2. Housekeeping. Depending on the size of the business, check with each department ahead of time to see if old files and documents can be tossed, shredded and recycled if they are not legally required to be kept. This file housekeeping can save your company money and time from having to transport them to the new location.
3. A Floor Plan is a Must. By having copies of your new office space ahead of time, this can assist you in determining where your furniture and office rooms will go. By having the office floor plan, it will lead to more efficiencies of space utilization. This is also a good time to make a list of any new furniture you may need to purchase ahead of time.
4. All About the Details. Before you relocate to the new space request your landlord to provide you with a formal set of guidelines for the property and move in regulations if available. Some buildings restrict the days and times companies can move in or out of a commercial property.
5. Label Carefully. If you and your employees are packing your own boxes or bins, ensure that everyone is aware to be as descriptive as possible. For example, if you have two John’s working for you and they both label their boxes “John’s files”, it may leave employees confused as to whose belongings they are. Secondly, it may also be a good idea to label the new office address on the labels as well. In addition, create a list of how many boxes all employees have in total to ensure no items get lost in the office transition.
When it comes to office moving let Highland Moving assist with your office relocation needs. We offer packing and unpacking services along with various storage options at both of our warehouses if requested. Allow us to take care of your corporate relocation needs. Let our business, move your business.