Tips for Finding Short-Term Housing
September 10th, 2012 7:07 pm by admin
When moving, most of the time you will not be moving directly into your new home. Therefore, you will have to find short-term housing while you wait to move into your new home.
Finding short-term housing is very similar to finding your home. Here are a few tips to help you find just the right place for you and your family:
- Identify your needs. A single person will have very different needs than a young family. Think about the space and other amenities you will need. Make sure to list them so that when you are conducting your search, you will have that to hand to make sure it has what you want.
- How long are you planning your stay? If you are planning for a longer stay, you may want additional amenities to help you. You may then want access to laundry facilities and a kitchenette in your room. This way you can have some sense of normalcy until you settle in your new home.
- Planning to work? If you are planning to work, you will need to make sure that your room comes with wifi and access to printers. Most accommodations have these available but make sure there are no additional fees and if so, how much so that you can shop around and find what will work best for your budget.
- Pets? If you have pets that are traveling with you, you want to make sure that your accommodations will allow pets. There may be size restrictions and you may be required to submit a deposit.
- Children? If you have young children to entertain, think about what amenities will work best and see if they have it on offer. A pool or access to a nearby park may be important to have so that you can entertain them.
- Location. Identify where your new home will be and work so that you can establish the best location of where you want to stay. If you have not found your new home yet, it may be best to find a central location or a place near your work.
Taking these extra steps ahead of time will help you find just the right place while you are in transition. You will have enough to worry about so you want to make sure you find just the right place so that you can get on with your new life.