How to Tip Movers
Here is another article on a topic that is rarely discussed on moving websites.
Moving companies are in the service industry and tipping is a standard way to show your gratitude. Thus said, in no way should tipping your movers be considered something that you have to do.
It is difficult to entrust your possessions to movers you’ve never met, and it’s often difficult to find movers who seem to care about your sentimental valuables. When you find a crew who is especially careful with your household items, make sure you tip them properly to show your appreciation.
Here are a few pointers to help you decide whether your movers deserve a tip:
- Have the moving teams arrived on time and with all necessary equipment?
- Have the moving teams been kind, friendly and sociable, or possibly rude and disrespectful?
- Have the moving teams conducted themselves in a professional way?
- Have the moving teams treated your possessions with care and attention?
- Have the movers done what is necessary to avoid property damage?
- Have the packers and movers worked hard from start to finish while taking their mandatory breaks and lunch break?
Keep in mind that tipping is not required, and is done only when you are satisfied with the moving job and the movers’ customer service skills. It is not required to tip rude people who drop your favorite keepsake or carelessly gouge your dining room table.
Call the moving company’s supervisor if the crew provides exceptionally bad or exceptionally good service. Choose an established moving company with packers and movers who work hard with a professional attitude.
Read more: How Much to Tip Movers